Sunday, September 8, 2013

Menus, more movement, and trying to record video

The thing I used to record the original intro was Microsoft Expression something-or-other, but that version also used Pygame and handled drawing in software.  Camstudio doesn't want to record OpenGL, and I've yet to find something suitable to replace it.

In other news, I'm thinking more about the skill system, native AI and pathfinding.  I'm considering using a system, if I have my algorithms correct, similar to that used in Will Wright's classic game SimAnt, where entities leave "trails" behind them that others can follow or ignore depending on what their priorities are.  But I'm still thinking about it.

While working tonight, the MST3K episode "Wild Wild World of Batwoman" was playing in the background.  It's not easy to code while cringing.  How on earth did that movie get made?

1 comment: