Sunday, June 12, 2011

In Profundis Progress

Ah, the problem that has been holding me up for almost a solid week now has been tracked down.  It was a lot of sweat to discover this fact so I'm going to use very large text.  It is this:


When I tried attaching keypress events to the window they became unreliable.  Removing the call to the psyco compiler causes them to become reliable again.

I feel like I've wasted a week but no matter, I know there isn't some bizarre phantom bug in my code now. 

Oh, if you only knew the effort I spent on this.  The energy I've poured into this.  On looking at every part of my code, of creating test situations, of slowly going between the test situations and my code point for point and finding where the differed, of creating MORE tests.

I feel like curling up in a ball on the floor right now.  But at least the problem has been solved.  In Profundis is special in that it's not just the display that's the biggest processor cost, the program does some heavy calculation behind the scenes.  This means I can't abandon psyco, and that means I must abandon pyglet.

So long, pyglet

1 comment:

  1. I know how that feels. In a recent project of mine I went the route of my competitor and I designed my website to match because it was really easy. Then I wanted to add a visual cue to for the user to understand. I was making Todo list manager and I wanted to show nesting of tasks easily, then I realize why the guy I copied hadn't done it. I had to take a week or two and completely redo all the code.

    Anyways, Good luck man, I can't wait to play.